Performed Park Ranger duties for the City of Boca Raton.
Trained as a first responder to protect people, he held a Federal Sea Turtle Handling License and protected the environment. Acted as Environmental Interpreter at Gumbo Limbo Nature Center.
During most of his years attending Florida Atlantic University, Jason also was fortunate enough to have the honor of working as a Park Ranger for the City of Boca Raton, Florida.
- Jason held the honor of being the youngest Park Ranger hired by the City of Boca Raton.
- His designated position was to cover Gumbo Limbo Nature Center on Saturdays where he gave many nature walks.
- He patrolled all of the beach parks, Sugar Sand, Patch Reef, Woodlands and other City properties.
- The seasonal “Turtle Walks” held at night to spot sea turtles laying eggs was a frequent duty of Jason’s to assist.
- Jason and his pet raccoon, rescued from the park as a baby, would patrol the beaches together at night. They also loved visiting Florence Fuller Child Center and local schools together, talking about local nature.
- His efforts in modernizing the attire of the Park Rangers resulted in adding shorts as an option to the uniform in addition to the traditional polyester slacks.
- Jason guarded the dredge and outflow pipes in the first beach restoration project Boca conducted.